We are looking for you, a Senior Data Engineer to help us build the world's premier market intelligence platform and it's all about data. Helping us design, implement and scale our data within the client platform, understanding challenges, coming up with the data architecture to help us scale into the future achieving 10x growth and beyond.
You will also work closely with our Backend and Frontend teams to support them with linking our data API's into the back and frontend of our systems. You will be analytical and data driven in your role, working as part of a cross functional data engineering team of around 6 indivduals to help drive your finished product.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Scaling our existing data processes, focusing on quality every step of the way
- Provide guidance on technology, library and tooling choices to the team
- Wary of things like scope creep, over-engineering and 'skipping unit tests for now'
- Learning our business domain
- Good software engineering principles and practice
- Solving business problems whilst avoiding technical complexity
- Collaborating with our teams consisting of data scientists and machine learning engineers, UX specialists, product specialists, and SREs
Now that we've introduced you to the Senior Data Engineer‐ ing position, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- 5 years or more of software development experience,
- Working together, be that pairing, or wider team collaboration;
- A belief in the agile principles, not just a single "Ag‐ ile Process";
- Willingness to use the appropriate tool for the job, not just the latest "hot" technology;
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with others;
- Good (current) knowledge of SQL and at least two other programming languages;
- Experience in collaborative design of software sys‐ tems including contracts, integration points and database schemas;
- The ability to Test-Drive software with automated tests
Our current "Tech Stack" includes, but is not limited to:
- Google Cloud Platform;
- Bash; Python;
- Groovy Spock Framework for testing
If you don't match exactly, don't worry, a good engineering mind will get you a long way!
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them as well:
- Build and design large scale real-time and batch data pipelines.
- Distributed microservice based applications at scale
- Docker and Kubernetes to run your amazing code
- Wearing a Scrum Master hat from time to time
- Experience with cloud technologies such as GCP, AWS
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people to‐ gether. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take centre stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!