Role: Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary: Up to £90,000 + Additional Benefits (eg 20% bonus)
The Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering of enterprise systems and services.
- Subject matter expert for Cloud design and operations
- Drive Engineering discussions in support of business requirements gathering, analysis, and design
- Implement highly scalable and available solutions based on industry architectural direction, best practices, and practical experience
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and Vendors as needed to solve integration and implementation challenges.
- Recommend tools and methodologies to Operations and Development to create proof-of-concept implementations for demonstration and eventual integration.
- Break large complex systems into manageable subsystems and components, each of which can be managed by individuals or teams in a scalable manner
- Create and utilize automations for initializing and provisioning systems and facilitate larger IT department orchestration.
- Work with Developer teams and Infrastructure colleagues to convert high-cost inefficient systems and application stacks to low-cost OS platforms and Cloud Providers.
- Utilize tools like Git, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer to drive consistency of configured systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and utilize version control systems, such as Git
- Be part of an On-Call rota
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python), and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Physical to Virtual conversion using well-known Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, Digital Ocean, etc)
- At least 2 years of direct hands on experience with AWS VPC, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancer, Route53, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, and AKS
- Hands on experience with Azure DNS, Traffic Manager, Express Route, Load Balancer, Monitor and EKS
- Extensive experience working within a distributed Git workflow