Senior BI Platform Engineer
The Senior BI Platform Engineer is responsible for infrastructure management, standards and resilience of BI Platform. The core purpose of the role is to define, monitor, update and continually improve data processes in line with governance, self service strategy and resilience of content. The Senior BI Platform Engineer will also lead and implement Self-Service BI strategy, manage scheduled capabilities and support infrastructure management.
1. Lead & implement consistent standards & development guidelines facilitating standards, security & control.
2. Work alongside the Analytics Advisory team, Business Analysts and data stakeholders to understand requirements of BI platform users.
3. Develop & advise on data products with focus on BI Platforms.
4. Maintain our market Management Information reporting, with an ambition to minimize Corporation BAU tasks and automate reporting / dashboarding where possible.
5. Lead BI Platform self service strategy amongst Corporation staff.
6. Lead BI Platform content management resilience with focus on code resilience, reload fail rate, task backlog, user access & content end of life.
7. Support of BI Platform content development.
8. Inform & shape data strategy for Analytics team to integrate with Data Lake to contribute and benefit from it.
* Deep understanding of Reporting and Analytics tools required for BI Platform, how they are configured and how they work.
* BI Platform development & platform maintenance.
* Security/data access framework design and implementation.
* Development cycle management.
* Creation of data connections to APIs, databases, data lake, cloud providers and file servers.
* BI Platform strategy, user support & training.
* Project management & operational work planning.
Looking for Qliksense, Business Objects, SQL, Python, Azure as ideal, any combination would be good