La Fosse Associates are working with a Financial Services Client who are seeking a Project Manager with specific experience of mortgage broker platforms.
The Project Manager needs to be confident dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders and also needs to adapt their style of management and leadership to each situation. The post-holder will have the personal and professional experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the team and with external providers in order to deliver successful projects.
In addition, the Project Manager will be expected to:
- Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project(s):
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope:
- Identify resourcing needs in line with the project plan:
- Day-to-day management of the project
- Day-to-day management of testing activities
- Where appropriate, deliver serviceable outcomes to the business through effective handovers.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience and knowledge of mortgage broker platforms projects (essential)
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- Knowledge of project management in a portfolio management environment
- Knowledge of change management, project management and process improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Financial Services
- Experienced delivering projects within Financial Services, preferably including mortgage projects
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects to time, cost, and quality.
- Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation
- Facilitation and workshop experience
- Experience of delivering complex projects including technical deliveries
- Experience of managing test cycles
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- Experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Structured methodical approach.
This is a 4-5-month contract (outside IR35) with around one day per month in their offices.