Infrastructure/Cloud Project Manager
We are looking for a technical/infrastructure Project Manager to project manage technical infrastructure projects.
The current project pipeline consist of Data Centre decommissioning, Backup as a Service (BaaS) installations, DR solutions, VPN ,Server/Storage migrations, transferring legacy system into SaaS solutions, use of Azure platform.
Significant experience with a proven track record of successful project management of delivering complex IT infrastructure projects from conception to implementation which include:
Key areas: Data Centre Migrations, VMWare Migrations, Legacy System migrations, Azure and network knowledge
In general a good understanding of Cloud products and Solutions as well as Network solutions in order to be able contribute to the future technology designs.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree and/or professional qualification in IT subject or significant management experience in relevant technical area.
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, MSP, PMP qualified or significant demonstrable experience of project management.
- ITIL foundation qualified or demonstrate significant management and operational experience using appropriate best practice framework.
- Knowledge of working with both traditional and agile delivery methodologies.
General Project Management requirements
- Lead, be accountable and successfully manage one or more technology projects; projects may relate technology solution implementation across infrastructure and applications.
- Accountable for the delivery of the agreed projects within scope, time, quality and cost.
- Apply in depth technical insights, expertise and market led knowledge to inform, guide, challenge and support strategic technology and investment decisions; produce detailed implementation plan for each phase of project/s including identification of tasks, resource and timescales.
- Manage resources (people, processes, departments and tools) effectively and provide resource forecast to ensure that projects have sufficient skills and tools required to ensure the success of projects.
- Manage Change Control Processes to ensure that any changes are managed correctly and that the full impact and risks are known before any such change is implemented.
- Support effective technology and service operational functions in line with ITIL best practice e.g. service strategy, design, transition, operations and continuous service improvement.
- Participate in the requirements definition and selection of third party application providers\
- Significant problem solving skills, seeking cost effective solutions, managing resources to suit changing priorities.
- 3rd party/Supplier Management experience