We are partnered with a growing, nationwide charity to source an experienced Project Manager to join their well established PMO on an 18month fixed term contract.
Our client engages and supports young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
As a Project Manager, you will support the delivery of programmes and projects, which help deliver strategy and key operational areas.
Project Managers work together with the Senior Responsible Owners and Sponsors of the programmes / projects that they are assigned to. They ensure that the programmes / projects are governed and managed effectively and in accordance with the overarching project management (P3M) framework.
Project managers in the PMO contribute to maintaining and continuing to improve the P3M framework. They also support staff in other departments who are involved in programme and project governance and management by providing best practice guidance, training and advice on programme and project governance and management.
We are looking for someone with experience of delivering projects and who is passionate about using and learning to use project methodologies to deliver projects effectively.
- Lead and facilitate the scoping, design, and delivery of projects
- Agree project objectives, benefits and plans for delivering these with your project stakeholders
- Define project tasks and manage resource requirements accordingly
- Lead on the creation, ownership, and maintenance of project documentation: for example: programme definition documents for programmes, project initiation documents for projects, exception reports, risks and issues, user stories for Agile based projects.
- Develop and manage project schedules and progress updates
- Develop other required project documentation such as RAID logs and finance sheets
- Secure adequate resource allocation for programmes and projects from line managers
- Support Senior Responsible Owners and Sponsors with governance of programmes and projects
- Manage programme and project budgets
- Provide direction and support to project teams
- Manage effective stakeholder engagement and communications
- Manage quality assurance
- Continuously monitor risks and issues
- Manage exceptions and changes in programmes and projects
- Help maintain and continuously improve TSA's programme and project management framework
Knowledge and experience:
- Able to make decisions independently and engage others in decision making processes
- Ability to take the initiative, be assertive, persuasive and to motivate and inspire a range of audiences
- Ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to balance emerging & tight timelines
- Ability to problem solve proactively and demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a team, which includes volunteers and senior stakeholder
- Commitment to adult volunteers and young people, understanding their needs and a passion for supporting them to be their best.
- Emotional maturity and awareness to be able to flex your communication style and listening skills to adapt to your audience and to enable you to build strong relationships