Project Design Engineer
Seeking Project Design Engineers for a 6-month contract starting in September.
The Design Engineers will be responsible for research and development, detailed design of the power and digital infrastructure projects together with some technical supplier management.
- To participate in a small number of original R&D projects and a larger number of novel system integrations through to their use in live project environments.
- Project Engineering: Preparing detailed designs including drawings, calculations, specifications, configurations.
- Contracts and supplier/vendor management - ensuring that the company contractors/suppliers meet performance and design specifications against contractual obligations.
- Continuing to develop best practice templates, document controls and processes in a document library.
- Provide technical support to project managers for resolution of technical issues during implementation, including escalation for commissioning issues.
- Understanding specific requirements for health & safety, relevant regulations, and approved codes of practice.
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- Degree or postgraduate degree qualified, ideally in electronic and/or electrical engineering or a related engineering discipline, preferably a Chartered Engineer (or working towards), with current membership of a relevant professional body.
- You will be confident with statutory requirements and governing industry standards such as regulations, BS, EN.
- A strong competence in electrical design and electrical wiring with an intimate and practical knowledge of BS7671.
- Experience with the high-level and low-level design of electrical systems in new build and as-built environments
- Understands the critical importance of well-structured document management and record keeping, demonstrating this rigour within their own workflows.
- You will have the ability to manage engineers and external resources working in disciplines as diverse as: power, communications, mechanical and structural and information technology.
- You will be enthusiastic and can rise to a variety of diverse challenges.
- You will be a good communicator, able to digest information quickly, identify key risks and propose possible solutions or make recommendations.