Lead the successful delivery of the Programme and ensure that all workstreams/ projects within the programme are managed and resourced effectively.
- On behalf of the programme Senior Responsible Officer (Chief Office) have the day-to-day management and responsibility of the programme. Including taking the programme forward from appointment, supervising and closing the programme.
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Effectively coordinate the projects and their interdependencies, ensuring effective allocation of resources and skills across the projects of the programme.
- Defining the programme governance arrangements; working with the Portfolio Office.
- Ensuring the delivery of new products and services from the programme is to appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and governance arrangements.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other workstreams and corporate technical and specialist standards.
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the Programme Senior Responsible Officer, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project/ workstream teams and managing third party contributions to the programme, working with the Portfolio Office.
- Working with the Business Change Manager on the transition to the 'new' business as usual position.
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome; initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Reporting progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Programme Senior Responsible Officer and Programme Board and managing communications with all stakeholders.
- Working with IT Services and other relevant business areas to define and agree processes and to ensure that their requirements are identified and taken in to consideration.