Role: IT Software Engineer
Salary: £60k -£70k per annum
Location: Headquarters in Guildford, remote working options will be available.
Start Date: ASAP
IT Principal Engineer needed for a global financial services client - permanent role based in Guildford (remote/onsite working)
Our key client is currently looking for a highly motivated Principal Engineer to support their development teams in implementing a new insurance platform. Alongside your proven engineering skills, you will have a good understanding of Cloud technologies (AWS & Azure) as well as DevSecOps principles with which to influence technology roadmaps and help mentor other software engineers.
- Extensive experience of software engineering & modern practices (e.g. SOLID, Agile, TDD, BDD)
- Expert knowledge of several of the following technologies (Java, Angular, NoSQL and RDS DBs, REST APIs, Apigee API Gateway, Jenkins, Cloud Services and their management)
- Practical, hands on and pragmatic implementation of secure micro-service architectures on cloud
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring multiple teams across different geographies to deliver complex software projects
- Track record of collaborating with multiple senior business stakeholders
- Demonstrable focus on continuous improvement
The role will be based out of the head office in Guildford - longer term there will be a hybrid model for onsite/remote working.
If this sounds of interest, please apply and we will be in touch regarding next steps.