Principal Software Engineer, £140k + bonus, central London
Innovative and world leading Energy organisation based in central London are hiring a Principal Software Engineer to help them revolutionise operating platforms for energy retailers globally.
This is a Senior, individual contributor Leadership position, operating at Director level on the product, reporting to the CTO, and requires someone who is talented technically, but is also able to communicate effectively at all levels and to different audiences (product, tech etc.)
We are looking for someone who is experienced building SaaS products, ideally at a start-up to join and have direction over platform wide tech challenges.
This role will suit someone who the following experience:
● Experience leading large complex products as an individual contributor
● Experience building SaaS products
● Expert in distributed systems and microservice architectures
● Experience working with Domain Driven Design and event driven systems
● Expert knowledge of more than one programming language, including one functional language
● Expert with Kafka
● Expert knowledge in engineering best practises and CD
The successful Principal Engineer will be responsible for:
● Co-owning the technology strategy and architecture
● Put in place an extensibility and customisation strategy for customers
● Building a product that is fast to bring to new local markets
● Build a multi-tenant solution
● Defining data models and pipelines
● Collaborating and working with other teams to make these plans reality
Salary is £130-140k base plus bonus.
This role will not suit someone who does not do any engineering. Role will be London based with some home working, not suitable for Remote workers.