Principal Data Scientist | London | Market Leading Tech Company | 100k-120k + package
I am currently working with one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK. They are the market leader in home meal delivery meals & boxes, with the overall mission of bringing people and families closer together with great food at home. They are an innovative data and tech company at heart.
This is a brand-new opportunity within their Data Science team for a Principal Data Scientist! The Principal Data Scientist will be a technical lead on Data Science products & projects within one of their most successful, crucial and forward-thinking teams - Supply and Logistics!
With their technology & operations growing faster and more complex than ever before, this additional operational complexity comes with increased opportunity. The Principal Data Scientist will help them to exploit this opportunity and provide first-class technical expertise to develop cutting-edge supply chain algorithms. The operations, logistics and supply chain function is integral to ensuring customers receive their box/recipes/kits on time and with the best products in them; using data science and machine learning to optimise our warehouse, ingredients, resources and customer distribution is key to this role and to the business' growth plans.
As the Principal Data Scientist in Supply, you will have experience in developing algorithms to optimise supply chains. You'll enjoy raising the technical bar of the rest of the team. You'll be extremely creative in translating supply chain problems into robust and scalable data science products.
● MSc or PhD in STEM subjects would be great! But there are lots of ways to land in Data Science! Maths, Stats, Computer Science or BSc paired with strong industry experience
● Strong proven understanding of machine learning techniques and optimisation algorithms
● Experience with managing productionisation of data products
● Experience measuring and managing data product performance
● Great communication skills - being able to explain your work and the impact on the business to all types of business partners
● Comfortable using SQL
● High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Bonus Points For:
● Experience in Simulation and Emulation of Supply Chains
● Experience in Deep Learning (RNN), particularly Reinforcement Learning
● Experience in Evolutionary Computation
● Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms into production environments (AWS)