La Fosse Associates are working with a high-growth financial services organisation who are seeking a PMO to work closely with the COO to drive improvements across the business.
The role will provide a key link between two business functions and requires excellent organisation and communication skills.
Run and support the Business Change & Approvals Committee (BCAC)
Ensure robust, effective project plans are created
Direct / assist / quality assure project controls for live projects
Track project controls at portfolio level and own the Change Management Office's change roadmap
Provide expert guidance and support capabilities in best practice in Project Portfolio Management
- PPM specialist with excellent knowledge of project & portfolio management and controls
- Ability to develop, prepare and improve a range of project documentation in appropriate formats to help stakeholders understand key aspects of the project e.g. plans on a page, highlight reports, RAID reports and so on.
- Rigour in following or improving established processes
- Qualification in PRINCE2, PMI, MSP, P3O or other PPM method(s)
- Effective communication style and approach with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong coaching and constructive challenge skills, with ability to hone in on priority issues, identify root causes, develop options and build consensus to agree best solution(s)
- Experience in supporting / quality assuring project controls for business change projects, such as acquisition integration, new product development, organisational change or similar
- Experience of maintaining project and portfolio plans using planning tools, including dependency management and critical path analysis
- Experience of working in a project office or P3O, using structured methods
- Able to identify failing project plans, and effectively challenge to bring them back on course
- Keen attention to detail, with the ability to drop down progressively from high-level outline plans to detailed, task-related activity schedules
- Experience in generating Management Information reports for multiple audiences including project reviews, delivery review, leadership team and executives
- Experience spotting and mitigating risks and/or resolving issues, including using escalation routes at the right time and in the right way to overcome or avoid delivery challenges
- Desirable - experience of a variety of delivery methodologies such as waterfall, iterative, Agile
- Desirable - experience of M&A and/or new products / new business projects, especially in a financial services context
This role will require being office based (Liverpool Street, when it's safe to do so).