Platform/Infrastructure Manager - 3/6-month Contract - Remote
A Client is seeking Platform/infrastructure manager. They are looking for a experienced Individual to help run the day to day operations of the Infrastructure teams but also future run and delivery of projects.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following.
- Compute - Windows and Linux
- Data Centre Operations
Experience and details needed:
- Run and operate the infrastructure computing environment including all hardware, firmware and software to provide a flexible, resilient, standards-based platform for running business capabilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Virtualisation, Enterprise Storage, Database service, IT Operations, Data Centre Hosting, Windows Server, Linux OS and Automation
- Contribute to the operational 'business as usual' strategy and governance for infrastructure.
- Ensure effective management of outsourced services and functions through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contracts.
- Ensure that infrastructure formal service level targets are met, including reviewing on a regular basis and taking effective, corrective action to address shortcomings.
- Identify possible Service Improvements and implement these through the ITSM Change Management process.
- Be the escalation point for Priority 1 Major Incident.
- Ensure that there is a fundamental focus on stability, including working collaboratively with service management functions to ensure risk of outage is significantly reduced.
- Identify and implement simplification projects, including removal of unnecessary equipment and rationalisation of services.
- Participate fully in infrastructure projects, working effectively with the programme office.
- Work successfully with offshore outsourced resources.
- Be responsible for managing, appraising, coaching and developing staff in line with the Technology career framework.
- Manage relationships and communications with business partners and key stakeholders
- Work closely with Infosec in all areas of security for platforms monitoring, alerting, remediation and reporting also align with global security policies, controls and be consistent with global standards
- Budget forecasting
If you have the skills required to perform this role, please send your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Duration: 3-6 months
Start Rate: ASAP
Rate: £400-425 per day