This is a great role as a Platform Engineer. A chance to grow, test your skills, and work with an expanding team for an industry leader in the UK!
Salary: £65,000 Base + 15% bonus and a very desirable package (i.e., Private Healthcare, 15% Pension Contribution etc.)
Location: Central London
Flexi-Work/Remote: Fully Remote until September, then 1-2 days in the office.
With locations throughout the UK, this organisation employs over 1,200 people and delivers a range of functions some of which include dealer and manufacturer relations, customer services, marketing, pricing, and asset management.
About the Role:
You will be reporting into the Container Platform Delivery Lead. The Key responsibility of this is in the delivery and evolution of the platform running containerised workloads for the business. Working together with fellow engineers, network and security specialists, architects, and application development teams, you will have responsibility for ensuring solutions delivered fulfil business requirements and expectations.
With significant investment in cloud infrastructure and automation made to help the organisation deliver new capabilities, it is a great opportunity to utilise your skills and be part of the business transformation and the next phase of their container platform service.
What You Need:
- A love for automation and infrastructure as code.
- Enjoy challenges and working collaboratively to design and build outstanding solutions.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, organised, motivated, and a good communicator.
- The desire to be part of a team focused on delivering high quality outcomes.
- An interest in promoting best practice, continual improvement, and an eye for emerging technologies and trends.
- Good understanding of container platforms, containerisation, cloud services, operational processes, and audit & compliance controls.
- Significant exposure in provisioning and managing services running in AWS.
- Experience in systems administration (Linux) and automation.
- Extensive knowledge of IaC (Terraform), scripting (Shell, Python, …), automation (Ansible), Git, CI/CD.
- Worked with development methodologies (Agile, Scrum) and been part of project delivery in a matrix organisation.
- Strong familiarity with cloud and container security, networking, identity providers, architecture patterns.
- Experience with container technologies using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to cloud strategy, architecture, and best practices.
- Worked in a highly collaborative DevOps environment.
What is on Offer?
- 27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 15% Pension Contribution from the Employer
- Private Healthcare
- Live Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Voluntary Benefits (i.e., travel insurance, health checks and gym membership).
- Flexible Working; Fully remote until Sep. hybrid model going forward. Ideally, 1-2 office days a week, but may have weeks where you do not have to come in at all.