People Change Manager - Interim
Temporary (until October 2023), Full Time
£450 - £500 per day PAYE/Umbrella
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 2nd February 2023
For the past two years the Council has been on a journey to define our new Ways of Working, learning from the changes we had to implement to respond to the COVID crisis, and defining what we wanted our new normal to be.
We are now entering a new phase in this program, where we focus on embedding hybrid working within the different functions and creating the right conditions for our organisation to thrive in this new context. As a result of these new ways of working we are also reviewing our property portfolio, as well as how we design and utilise the remaining office space to ensure it supports the desired behavioural changes.
If you are an experienced people change manager who thrives supporting organisations to navigate complexity, we want to hear from you.
As a People Change Manager you will:
- Develop the change management plan and approach to support the delivery of this transformational program
- Design and deliver cutting edge change management interventions (including stakeholder engagement, change impact and readiness assessments, training, and transition to BAU plans), using a wide range of skills, tools, and behavioural-change interventions to support this complex program
- Influence senior management to encourage and embed a relational and people centred approach to change management, working closely with programme to support the development of cohesive plans.
- Identify resistance to change across the organisation, working with the program team to effectively address them.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to degree level (RFQ Level 6) or equivalent by experience.
- CIPD or Change Management qualification desirable with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in the relevant professional area.
- Have experience in managing complex change programs with a focus on introducing new ways of working; property rationalisation; workspace redesign; behavioural change needed to embed hybrid working.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to tailor the approach to meet the needs of a range of audiences with differing levels of understanding, including the creation of engaging and tailored communication materials.
- Experience in planning, facilitating, and delivering stakeholders workshops and individual interventions (face to face and virtual), for engagement, training and/or coaching purposes.
- Robust experience in delivering change readiness, maturity, and impact assessments to influence the development of integrated people change plans within the project/programs of work.
- A naturally inquisitive and innovative change thought leader with the ability to take complex and ambiguous concepts and transform them into practical and impactful change solutions.
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload through effective prioritisation and the ability to remain credible under pressure.
- Experience of organisational consulting, preferably as an internal consultant.
- Strong working knowledge of current business technology
Please apply below if you are interested!