Payments Consultant/ Payments SME
La Fosse Associates are working with an award-winning FS Consultancy who are seeking a Payments Consultant with a history of hands-on and practical experience within the payments consulting sector.
The successful applicant will be passionate about the dynamic and evolving payments eco-systems and bring detail-minded payments subject matter expertise. Candidates will be well-versed in articulating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, including stakeholders up to CxO.
- Consulting or Advisory engagements, working directly with clients to support the development of their payment's capabilities & infrastructure
- Contributing to contribute technical architecture & payments solutions
- Providing advisory to business stakeholders, offering pragmatic solutions to real world problems & continuing to grow & develop the payments practise effectively
- Working with business stakeholders and service technical leads to support solution definition, product selection, and technical architecture activities
- Undertaking high-level reviews of existing systems or in-flight projects, and communicating the findings of the review back to stakeholders & your internal team
- Working within (or implementing/running) a client's Technical Design Authority, providing guidance to projects and programmes and helping them deliver Payment solutions that conform to company and industry standards and best practices
- Using excellent inter-personal skills to develop and realise further opportunities for the company and represent the consultancy in customer engagements
Required skills and experience:
- Deep subject matter expertise in the Payments ecosystem including Payments Architecture and International Payments
- Understanding of or expertise in industry and regulatory initiatives in Open Banking, PSD2 and Payments, business/market dynamics in financial services
- Understanding of regulation, policy, industry initiatives, and impact within one or more of Open Banking, PSD2, cards payments, immediate or faster Payments, DLT with regards Payments, and the UK Payments Strategy
- Experience of change management (methodologies & delivery)
- Customer strategy frameworks
- Experience working on payments initiatives or programmes
- Solid analytical and consulting skills
- Previous experience with a payment services provider, in a fintech or bank, an acquirer or cards network, a high street or online retailer, an industry body, or another consultancy.
- Confidently present to clients, utilising your deep & wide knowledge of payments to gain influence, demonstrating an ability to change between project types.
- Work with senior stakeholders (CIO-CCO) and be able to lead/influence & recommend solutions for them.
- Have a natural interest in technology, remaining familiar with upcoming advances, options, and opportunities
- Display a good understanding of various Software Delivery Life Cycle principles and be able to pre-empt and evolve dependencies along a pipeline (from 'requirements' through to 'defects').