Role: Network Delivery Engineer
Salary: Up to £65,000 + Benefits
Location: Remote (Flexibility to occasionally travel to London or Leeds is required)
- The Network Delivery Engineer will be responsible for supporting a number of key projects in the business.
- This is a key role within the delivery team of our Global Network Organisation which will work closely with both our project management and architecture functions to ensure deliverables are met.
- Work closely with our Network Architects to support the process of defining network requirements based on business requests
- Support the design process by working closely with the Architects whilst also taking lead on some initiatives
- Work in partnership with our managed network service providers to act as a conduit between the Burberry business and our trusted partners.
- Ensure you fully understand the scope, risks and activities of project tasks allocated to yourself
- Own, plan and deliver those network requirements for any given project you are assigned to.
- Manage multiple deliveries concurrently whilst remaining focused and maintaining a meticulous eye for detail
- Keep the Project Manager informed of any project issues, where required discuss and work with other members of Delivery team to find a solution.
- Recognise situations where additional support or escalation is required
- Where relevant provide input into Status reports, Project Plans, RAID logs, Test Plans & Technical documents
- Work with the network operations teams to ensure network projects/ solutions are transitioned into the run environment, in line with service requirements
- The global nature of Burberry's business does means that on occasions there will be a need to work pre-planned in unsociable hours.
- Support the ongoing development of the wider teams objectives
- Configuration, implementation and support of enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
- VPN configuration - DMVPN, IPsec, PPTP, L2TP.
- Expert knowledge of network technologies and their application across WAN, LAN, Wireless, Cloud-based VoIP, Voice, Network Security and Software Defined networks
- Experience with MPLS design, IP environments, firewalls, switching, routing, design redundancy, Cisco technologies, Load balancers, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, STP, VLANs, Dot1q, QinQ, VPLS (E-Lan), E-Line, DSL, Group protocols (VRRP, HSRP), understanding of access technologies (E1, Fibre, etc.)
NETWORK HARDWARE/ SOFWARE TECHNOLOGIES KNOWLEDGE
- F5 Big IP LTM
- Fortinet Next Generation Firewalls
- Cisco switches and routers (Pref 4k)
- Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points
- Cisco Prime monitoring tools
- Knowledge of SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, ThousandEyes monitoring solutions
- Cisco ASA (525X)
- ZScaler and/or Scansafe Cloud security solutions
- Cisco Integrated Services Engine (ISE)
- Bluecat IP address Management