Role: Senior Microsoft Engineer
Location: York (excellent WFH options are available)
Rates: up to £43,500
Start Date: ASAP
Our York based consultancy client is currently looking for a Senior Microsoft Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have a broad range of knowledge of both 'on-prem' and 'as-a-Service' solutions. You will work in an Agile team delivering both customer and internal projects using the latest Microsoft Data Technologies including SQL Server and Azure Data Platform. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career as excellent progression opportunities will be available to move into either leadership or architecture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a technical mentor to Engineers and other Senior Engineers within the department
- Developing solutions based on technical documentation from Technical Leads, Technical Architects and delivery managers.
- Having input to statement of works and assist with subject matter experts in developing state of the art solutions
- On occasion, visit customer sites with colleagues to deliver solutions / demonstrations / attend meetings etc.
- On occasion, work remotely from a customer site under customer direction.
- Input on IT strategies and procedures
- Actively take part in the on-call rota (currently operate a 1 in 7 model)
- SQL Server
- Cloud and on prem experience
- Delivering high quality production systems in either a managed service or professional service capacity
- Enterprise level databases and infrastructure
- Competent in a scripting language/tool such as PowerShell, Puppet, Docker or equivalent
- Customer centric and focused on delivering the right outcome
- Terraform, Kubernetes and Infrastructure as Code all highly desirable
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who service a range of clients across multiple industries, and help solve the challenges and provide services across areas such as cloud migration, technical design, development and implementation and digital workflows.
If this role is of interest then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for more information.