Linux System Engineer - London - £100,000 - £110,000
This role presents an opportunity for a Linux System Specialist to join an Asset Management company with the office based in London. As a Linux System Engineer, you will provide support for all on-prem and cloud Linux servers across North America and Asia. You will be part of a global Infrastructure Technology team, working on large transformation projects as well as BAU support.
Experience and Knowledge
- Full life cycle management of all Unix plus Storage systems
- Performing root cause problem investigations and implementing remediation.
- Use Jira to coordinate department activities and be able to develop dashboards and reports that measure success
- Work to deliver new technology such that its adoption and configuration is standard between all regions and collaborate with development groups to enable the features meeting the needs of the company
- Ability to create concise, clean, and clear technically documented re-usable code and understand the philosophy of coding (IaC).
- Linux administration - Red Hat certified engineer
- Experience of Ansible automation and Ansible Tower
- Knowledge of Dell and HP server Infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with Linux Kernel, FPGA and Network card offloading.
- Scripting experience with Python and Bash.
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP protocols and network troubleshooting include F5.