La Fosse Associates are currently partnered with a client who are looking to recruit a contract Linux Engineer into their team. This is an initial 6 month role, paying £500-£550 a day and inside IR35. This role is fully remote.
This Engineer role is to take a lead on BAU activities. Working with an outsourced provider to ensure day to day stability of the RHEL estate. Support major DC transformation program to migrate to cloud with heavy essence on automation (Ansible, Chef, etc.).
Key Experience required:
- 5+ years of administrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Strong knowledge of/experience with automation tools - prefer Ansible and/or Chef
- The ability to design technical solutions to be implemented globally (1500+ servers)
- The ability to analyse Red Hat security bulletins and create a practical remedy to any vulnerabilities
- Build and provisioning of images (including security hardening)
- Experience using Red Hat Satellite & managing Red Hat subscriptions
- Experience with Cloud (prefer Azure) environments
- Experience with VMware
- Experience working with Application teams needs and helping other teams standardize their environments
- Experience handing work off to external providers.
- Background in Security topics