I'm looking for a Senior/Lead Solution Architect to come and join a leading retail company who are embarking on an exciting transformation programme. You will report directly into the Head of Solution Architecture and lead end-to-end solutions within a business area/programme of work that has true impact.
Salary: £110,000 - £120,000 p/a + Benefits
Location: Greater London (once/twice a week ideally)
- Working with the Head of Solution Architecture, they will be responsible for defining the policies and standards that guide technology delivery, possessing significant experience in modern, cloud based technology standards and practices.
- Accountable for leading a team of solution architects and providing architectural design and technology roadmaps for complex applications within the Programme.
- Ensures the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies across the programme including managing dependencies where ownership exists outside of the team is actively addressed.
- Engage the wider community whilst coaching/mentoring other architect / engineers.
- Ensures that each solution from respective Solution Architects across the assigned programme adheres to the Architectural Guide Rails, Sign-Off, Governance, and all Architectural Artefacts (SDDs, KDD, ARB, TDS, Tech Debt Register, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining a holistic view of the Programme's solution architectures, ensuring the overall integrity of the architecture is fit for purpose and compatible to deliver the Programme Strategy, focusing on pragmatism and future needs of the applications within the programme.
- Overseeing the development of technology strategies and supporting the development of roadmaps in conjunction with Head of Solution Architecture, ensuring a compatible and enduring architecture.
- Advocate for architecture and architectural principles and policies both within the architecture team and wider technology and business teams.
- Broad technology & domain experience across Applications, Infrastructure, Data & Business Architecture Leading and managing teams Ability to articulate solutions / ideas at all levels concisely and accurately.
- MACH (Cloud, Integration/APIs, etc.) Windows, Linux, Identity Platform, AWS, Databases.
- Hands-on development experience at some stage of career, preferably microservices.
- Ability to articulate solutions / ideas at all levels concisely and accurately Team working, listening, coaching and self-development.
- End-to-End Retail Knowledge/Retail Business Knowledge.
- Experience of leading a small team of solution Architects, reviewing detailed designs across a programme of work / Business area Considering all interdependencies.
- Experience in implementation of scalable, robust and performant solutions in a cloud environment leveraging a number of contemporary technologies.
- Significant experience integrating disparate systems Viz, Legacy, OnPrem, SaaS etc and designing effective APIs with most appropriate technologies.
- Good Understanding of microservices, containerisation and experience designing solutions adhering to elastic, scalable and distributed architecture.
- Experience working with various Database technologies like RDBMS, NOSQL (on prem and cloud)
- Experience with any public cloud (preferable AWS).
- Experience Leading RFPs / RFIs, Vendor Selection for SaaS Products.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex outcomes to all stakeholders.