Lead Frontend Engineer, Manchester, £75k + bonus
Unique opportunity to lead a team of frontend engineers, remaining hands on
while mentoring your team and being able to context switch to drive forward ideas.
The office is based in Manchester and there is an expectation that you can come to the office once a week.
You will be involved in critical decision making and being a key driver for technical projects.
You will be comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, environment
while developing yourself but also the team around you. Leading the frontend team, you
will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the business and in customers'
- Being a key driver in technical projects, taking ownership and making an impact
- Supporting the Head of IT & CTO to implement and maintain modern processes and standards
- Managing a small team of software engineers
- Communicating with other areas of the business, to manage expectations on deliverables
- Delivering exceptional user experiences on the website and app
- Identify and helping to resolve performance and scalability issues
- Substantial commercial experience with React / React Native
- Experience of native app development
- Experience of working with AWS services
- An understanding of best practices and standards
- Ability to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Previous experience with GIT
- Knowledge of working with APIs
- Ability to work as part of a small, agile team while keeping an attention to detail
- Display a passion for engineering and mentoring other engineers
- Knowledge of Magento / PHP frameworks
- Previous use of CLI tools
- Confidence to present new ideas and participate in team meetings
- Ability to learn the latest front-end technologies and standards
- Experience of using testing frameworks such as Jest
2 stage interview process.