La Fosse are partnered with an incredibly exciting innovative Fintech that are offering a huge opportunity to be part of a cloud-based platform that wraps around a bank's legacy payment systems. The platform powers merchant and consumer digital experiences including onboarding, portals and loyalty programs, without costly and distracting platform migrations. This allows merchants to more effectively manage their businesses with digital tools and data integrations, grow their businesses by connecting with their consumers, and give back to their local communities.
About the role
As a Lead Data Engineer you will build and enhance large-scale, real-time and batch data pipelines, processes and data management flows to enable the company to quickly develop fast, scalable and reliable solutions for our customers. Using big data and machine learning, our data platform will capture, normalize and make sense of volumes of real-time information.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering technical elements of our data solution including ingesting data from third parties, storing and processing high volumes of data, and making the data available to reporting and data science applications. This includes an Azure Data Lake and downstream databases (relational and NoSQL).
This involves working within the data engineering function to deliver solutions to our test and production teams. The primary data will come from banks, consumers and merchants, although other structured and unstructured data sources will also be utilised.
This is a great opportunity to build data pipelines from scratch in a fun environment with a high level of responsibility, autonomy, trust and transparency and to work closely with data science functions.
- Engineering new solutions to support core platform functionality.
- Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code supported by code reviews
- Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems
- Communicate and document solutions and design decisions
- Report on stability and performance of data systems to other technology groups and to management
- Effectively communicate with other technical teams to enable valuable collaborations
- Building data solutions in line with requirements and design, and ensure functional and non-functional unit testing is conducted
- Owning the technical solutions for the Data Lake and supporting databases, including relational and NoSQL.
- Embedding pre-built data science solutions into the data estate.
- Ensuring data is in a form easily utilised for internal reporting
- Ensuring data is in a form easily utilised by our external reporting portal
- Providing Level 3 support for production issues
What we are looking for
- Strong and demonstrable experience in Java, Spark, Scala, SQL a pre-requisite
- Experience with big data tools: Cosmos DB , Mongo DB, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of programming and programming constructs
- A strong understanding of data, data sets, and data processing.
- Interested in building a world-class, fast-growing data platform and data pipelines in the cloud
- Eager to learn new big data and cloud technologies and keep your skills up to date
- Enthusiastic about finding creative ways to solve problems and curios to explore new areas
- A strong understanding of the building blocks of computing, algorithms, and distributed computing.
- Preferable experience with the following: Azure and Azure Data Factory
Who we are looking for
- Starter-finisher attitude to manage work
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
- Effective working in ambiguous environments
As part of our journey, you'll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Join us to be a key part of a team that's changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we'll push the boundaries of what's possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities - it is not an exhaustive list.
We can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.