Our client, an industry leading SaaS provider and technology house, are looking for a Test Engineer or Software Developer in Test, with strong Java automation experience, to join their team on an initial 3 month contract basis (with a likely extension).
Having partnered with the biggest names in their provision sector for travel, rail and logistics, they are continuing to scale and focus on new product innovation. Despite the pandemic, over recent years, they have completely revolutionised the approach to technology in their industry by developing highly complex, critical automated management systems and software / digital products.
As a Test Engineer, you will be joining a talented team of highly skilled Software Engineers; you will be an automation SME and have a decorated track record in consulting on and facilitating the development and expansion of scalable and robust testing frameworks that will ensure the highest level of test coverage across their full development life cycle. As such, you'll be comfortable and competent in regularly pairing with engineers and driving the highest standards of BDD/TDD.
This company offer an opportunity to gain access into some of the most highly complex and rigorous software applications on the market in a very welcoming, supportive and ambitious working environment.
Key Requirements include:
- Good scripting / programming skills and ability to work closely with Developers to improve testing efficiency
- Strong understanding of the full software development lifecycles and best practices
- Web-based Automation testing (Selenium, protractor or similar)
- Ability to develop automation frameworks from scratch would be advantageous
- Unit testing experience (Junit, Jasmine or similar)
- TDD/BDD testing experience
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD
- Understanding of messaging-based systems (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
This role will be Fully remote for the duration and candidates must be based in the UK. A fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer in Test looking to join an industry leader and work on interesting and complex technical challenges in a positive and forward thinking culture.
If this is of interest and you fit the requirements, please apply with your CV.