Role: IT Technical Support Team Lead
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Location: London (Candidates must be happy to go on site)
The Technical Support Leader supports and manages the Technical Support team nationally or within region. Supporting all users through the investigation and resolution of End User Computing hardware, standard operating environments, applications and software's related issues, from level 1 through to level 3.
The role is customer focused and service orientated where the incumbent is required to work closely with other service functions within the IT organization and lead the Support team to resolve complex issues and deliver project objectives in line with the global IT strategy. The service delivery methodology employed within our IT is based on the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) framework.
- Management of the Technical Support team nationally or within region.
- Managing and providing the resources to support project delivery and site setup activity.
- Stakeholder management in conjunction with the IT Engagement function.
- Global collaboration with functional and cross functional peer groups in the continual pursuit of Continuous Service Improvement and irradiating the root cause of end user computing problems.
- General server maintenance and administration.
- Basic networking skills.
- Provides computing support to clients, responding to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support.
- Troubleshoots user account issues including password and access issues.
- Records, prioritizes, and tracks all service tickets assigned to the Technical Support function and documents work effort in the global service management system.
- Ensures timely attention to service tickets to meet service levels (SLAs), in keeping with IT processes.
- Diagnoses incidents/problems through discussions with users and participate in functional problem solvinggroups as required.
- Identifies, researches, documents and resolves incidents.
- Makes or recommends system modifications to reduce reoccurrences.
- Works collaboratively with other IT teams (network, systems, and service management and/or applications development) to correctly identify and address problems, andrestore service.
- Delivers computers to clients, performing computer imaging, installation and data transfer between old and new machines.