This role will provide both remote and on-site technical support to users across four locations and remote (hybrid) workers. Ensuring that incidents and requests are logged within the ITSM system for analysis and performance tracking. Using their experience and knowledge to provide insight, trends and feedback to Technology colleagues aiding speedy resolution for incidents within service level agreements and with minimum disruption to users, that status updates, user communications and resolutions are recorded and that effective relationships with 3rd party providers are developed.
Location: Westminster - Hybrid working
Remuneration: £30,000 - £40,000
Essential Requirements: ITIL Qualified/Knowledge
Your role as 1st & 2nd Line Support
- Operate as the first point of contact for NCIs users to investigate and resolve 1st/2nd line technical incidents to agreed service levels and to provide technical advice and support.
- Actively own, manage, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve queries and incidents reported to the service desk and prioritise, resolve or correctly refer to the relevant support teams.
- Resolve incidents with hardware, software, connection, printers and file permissions and where appropriate triage these to the 3rd Technical Support and/or Service Desk Manager.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for resolving technical issues with Telephone, mobile phones and Multifunctional device and work closely with office service colleagues to ensure a joined-up service.
- Respond to Incidents within the Service Level Agreement targets and contribute to keeping knowledge bases up to date with lessons learned.
- Undertake daily system checks on the infrastructure systems and escalate critical incidents or concerns to the Service Desk Manager.
- Organise own work and constantly analyse incidents, monitor servers and systems using the various reporting tools in place, resolve where appropriate, spot trends and underlying issues and notify the Service Desk Manager.
Ideally to be successful as 1st & 2nd Line Support
- Sound IT knowledge to resolve 1st and 2nd line technical queries that come in to the service desk
- Significant experience in an IT Support role providing customer focused service desk support and resolving incidents in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Significant experience in applying a structured trouble shooting approach to investigating and resolving incidents.
- Experience in problem solving issues effectively and identifying ways to mitigate future repeated incidents
- Experience in prioritising own workload and working under pressure and to deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience in using Microsoft Systems, namely the Windows OS, Office 365 suite, Azure, InTune and SharePoint.
- Demonstrable experience in liaising with and between technical and non-technical staff and 3rd party service providers
Sound interesting? Please do apply directly for more detail.