La Fosse is currently working with a leading insurance firm to help recruit an IT Service Asset & Configuration Manager for their London office.
Our client is at the start of a 9-month transformation, which will see you play a key role in the development & implementation of ServiceNow.
Location: London (1 day a week to start off, then possibility of fully remote)
Remuneration: up to £68,000, 15% bonus, tier 1 private medical care, increased pension & travel loan + more
Start Date: ASAP
Your role as an IT Service Asset & Configuration Manager
As the IT Service Asset & Configuration Manager (SACM) you will support the IT service Quality and Improvement Manager to manage the lifecycle of IT assets and configuration items, as well as the processes that ensure the content and quality of data recorded in the Service Asset and Configuration Management databases (ServiceNow CMDB) meet the required standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the organisation's asset and configuration processes are fit for purpose and drive continuous improvement activity to deliver increased value from the CMDB and total asset visibility across the company's estate.
- Oversees the entire Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) lifecycle of all Assets and Configuration Items (CIs) within a Configuration Management Database (CMDB), through robust processes and procedures.
- Develop the ServiceNow CMDB to manage CI's against policy and procedural standards.
- Continually ensures the registration, maintenance, and control of the CMDB and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data within.
- Ensuring every new CI follows the same identification Standard as defined in the SACM Plan.
- Responsible for creating policies and detailed procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood across the CMDB eco-system.
- Clearly define responsibilities among stakeholders involved in the SACM process, as well as their relation to other ITIL processes e.g. Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Assist with audits of CMDB data whenever necessary. Perform internal audits for the managed area.
- Conduct regular data quality audits: raise data quality issues with Data Owners and Service Providers.
Ideally to be successful as an IT Service Asset & Configuration Manager
- ServiceNow experience essential.
- Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources, mentoring skills.
- Experience in various analytical/reporting techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts.
- Strong management and communication skills, hosting and facilitating of internal and external SACM/CMDB meetings.
- Understanding of Service Management Framework.
- 5+ years of previous experience in IT service delivery including Management Experience in Insurance sector.
Sound interesting? Please do apply directly for more detail.