Role: IT Security Engineer
Location: London (flexible working available)
Salary: up to £50k
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based insurance client is currently looking for an IT Security Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is a brand new role for our client, with excellent opportunities for progression, with the goal of working towards raising the bar on our client's IT security. This will be achieved by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices and you will be responsible for shaping and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving security.
Responsibilities will include engineer, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information; preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols; identifying and reducing security risks; providing subject matter expertise on authentication and system security; and developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws that apply to Microsoft and web-based applications.
- Ability to discover and patch Windows, SQL, XSS, CSRF, SSRF, authentication and authorization flaws, and other web-based security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10 and beyond).
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML, CAs, OTP/TOTP.
- Familiarity network/web related protocols.
- Experience with standard application security tools such as Nessus.
- Proven experience of responding to network intrusions and be familiar with performing forensic investigations.
If this role is of interest then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for more information.