Role: IT Risk Analyst
Location: London (hybrid WFH options available post restrictions)
Duration: 6 months
Salary: up to £400/day (outside IR35)
Start Date: ASAP
Our London based banking client is currently looking for an IT Risk Analyst join them on an initial 6 month contract. The focus of the role is to support the IT Department's ability to control and mitigate its operational and project related risks and relevant internal controls, as well as the implementation of external and internal audit recommendations. Working within the IT Risk Management team, the role is also responsible for co-ordinating relevant risk assessments, enforcing associated mitigation and identifying additional provisions or processes where required to satisfy newly identified risks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting risk assessments, maintaining IT risk data in the Bank's operational risk system, monitoring of control compliance and assisting in formalising the IT Risk Management processes within IT, in line with Industry good practice. You will provide insight and guidance to managers on the relevant processes and provide assurance to managers that adequate actions and standards are in place, as well as challenge on solutions and progress where necessary.
- Internal Controls Framework control monitoring, follow up with control owners in order to ensure timely remediation of any failures.
- Documentation of Internal Control Framework control operating procedures.
- Assist in documenting control deficiency waivers and risk acceptances where required in line with the existing risk acceptance procedures.
- Assist in identification, assessment and management of emerging and current IT risks in a timely manner.
- Update the IT Risk Register, liaise with issue and action owners in order to ensure timely completion of actions.
- Documentation of risk processes and creation of templates for new processes including guidance.
- Liaise with external auditors, tracking evidence requests to ensure timely responses.
If this role is of interest, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.