Hi All, we are searching for a candidate to fill a permanent position of 'IT Operations Engineer' in the education sector.
The company are looking for an excellent communicator with a strong technical understanding of IT systems who will be the lead point of contact for IT issues.
- Proactive management, monitoring and maintenance of the school's IT systems.
- Maintain IT asset register for school.
- Assisting school IT leaders develop and implement their IT strategies.
- Work with school IT leaders to ensure IT supports the educational needs of the school.
- Provide technical support for school IT systems.
- Install new and upgraded IT systems.
- Ensure the integrity of the school's IT systems are maintained.
- Provide technical advice in support of the resolution of IT incidents.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure escalated IT issues are resolved within their SLA.
- Work with Head Office in implementing IT systems.
- Document the setup and configuration of all IT systems bespoke to the school.
- Manage IT incidents in a structured way using the Service Desk tool.
- Manage IT problems to resolution.
- Ensure IT changes are managed in a structured way and documented.
- Advise on system enhancements and make recommendations for improvements or replacements.
- Support the deployment of school systems as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of IT systems to staff and students.
- Ensure IT documentation and asset lists are kept up to date.
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Assist in the selection and acquisition of computer hardware, software and third party application packages.
- Ensure Alpha Plus Group policies are adhered to, with a focus on IT and data security.
- Ensure local school policies and procedures are in place to maintain fully operational, robust and secure ICT systems.
- Work flexibly as required in support of the duties of the role.
- Strong educational focus.
- Strong technical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Analysis skills.
- Strong verbal reasoning ability.
- Technologically agile.
- A strong technical understanding of IT systems.
- Proven experience of server and network infrastructure support.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to users in their use of IT equipment
- Experience of implementing IT system changes.
Role also offers great benefits!
Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!