Position - Senior IT Operation Engineer (2nd/3rd Line)
Location - Chiswick, London (Hybrid)
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 + 10% Bonus & Benefits
We are working exclusively with a global governance and standards organisation currently looking for a Senior IT Operations Engineer (2nd/3rd Line).
As part of the the internal IT team, the role would see you dealing with 2nd/3rd line support issues across the full array of their IT Infrastructure. This includes the full O365 suite, Azure, SCCM, Intune to name but a few. The role will provide technical on-site, face to face VIP IT support, within a BAU environment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Must have extensive VIP & Executive level support experience.
- Maintain and Support meeting room equipment to a high standard and be available when required to resolve any AV related issues.
- Proven track record of problem ownership & resolutions, as well as working with product authority, external vendor support teams/third parties.
- Accountable for achieving 2nd level fix rate in accordance with departmental KPIs and SLAs.
- Obtain a good working knowledge of BSI as a business and what its main reliance on the IT infrastructure is.
- Ensure all calls are effectively managed and owned through to resolution.
- Act as a team player to share information and knowledge to ensure service is consistent and at the highest level that can be achieved.
- Continuously strive to offer an excellent level of customer service.
- To provide a service to users that meets or exceeds the agreed KPIs and in-line with agreed department procedures (SLAs).
- Ensure adherence to Group IT policies at all times.
- Accountable for documenting technical solutions and changes to current processes.
- Assist in keeping up to date relevant IT Support system databases to ensure group information is up to date and accurate. This includes the Group Active Directory database.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to other IT/IS teams as required.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to provide and resolve IT services.
- Work flexibly to ensure coverage of core business hours 08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday. Out of hours, weekend, and other site coverage to be covered as necessary and as agreed within BSI IT contractual obligations.
- Must be prepared to work offsite for set periods as appropriate for the role.
- There are office locations in Chiswick, Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead, Loughborough, and Lancaster.
- We support offices across EMEA including France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
- It is anticipated that the supported population will generate about 500 support calls per month.
- Many of the business-critical processes are automated and are highly dependent on IT equipment and services
- Our 24/7 systems are hosted in a secure, resilient data centre.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrably high level of customer services skills and team player focus.
- Demonstrably knowledge in AD, O365, Azure, Intune, PowerShell and SCCM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrably knowledge of using ITSM tools specifically Service Now.
- Sound working knowledge or preferably holder of ITIL Service Management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Server & Workstation).
- Knowledge of server hardware technology.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
This role has a hybrid working policy, with one day a week based in Chiswick, London and comes with a generous salary up to £55,000 plus 10% bonus & benefits.
For a confidential discussion - Apply now!