Role: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Up to £65,000 + Benefits
Location: Fully Remote
- The roles of Infrastructure Engineer include being responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology. An IT infrastructure engineer ensures all the IT systems that support businesses of any size function efficiently. Conduct appropriate planning, design, development, documentation and deployment of new and enhancements to existing technical IT solutions, Liaising with third party providers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support the team manager to identify the potential strategic application of IT systems and recommend innovative methods of exploiting new and existing IT assets to meet the requirements of the business.
- Work closely with stakeholders, such as the Change team, to help coordinate proposed changes to IT infrastructure, ensuring that this is in line with required standards and can be implemented without detrimental impact to existing systems and their support.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Commission and install new applications and customise existing applications to make them fit for purpose.
- Ensure that delivered solutions are fit for purpose, are documented following agreed guidelines, are supported by IT Operations, meet the needs of stakeholders and assist in achieving overall business objectives.
- Conduct thorough systems analysis to support the planning of systems capacity, changes and ongoing effective running of IT solutions; ensure that appropriate data is obtained and validated from internal and external sources to provide a fully informed assessment of systems function, security, integrity, capacity and performance over the timeframe defined by current plans.
- Undertake technical research and analysis on changes to systems as directed by IT Management to determine feasibility, cost, the time required and compatibility with installed systems.
- Ensure that changes to IT infrastructure can be monitored and managed effectively and that systems being implemented are fully documented and handed over to IT Operations for ongoing management.
- Provide an escalation point for technically demanding support issues, assist in their resolution if required and support the overall objectives of the IT function as a whole.
- Compile and provide relevant metrics to evidence the performance of the function regularly for management awareness and publication.
- Assist in the technical response to crisis and disaster situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Good understanding of the network environment.
- Cyber security skills will help.
Key Skillset Required
- You will be a solution-driven and proactive professional with vast experience in systems management and a proven track record in providing support for hardware and software!
- 3rd Line level infrastructure experience (large / enterprise environment)
- Server administration (Windows).
- Strong experience with (VMware/Hyper-V) Microsoft Server Virtualisation (Hyper-V) & Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 up to 2022 administration (Essential).
- Strong experience with Supporting thin clients using Microsoft 2012 up to 2022 RDS (Essential).
- Windows 2008R2 up to 2022 Cluster management (Essential).
- In-depth experience in technical debugging and analysis of infrastructure and web applications.
- Public Cloud - Azure (Essential).
- PowerShell (High Level) (Essential).
- Expert in backup solutions such as BackupExec, Veeam (Essential).
- M365 - Teams, SharePoint, Azure AD, Autopilot, Dynamics, PowerBI, OneDrive, exchange online security, Azure File Sync etc (Essential).
- Experience with Automation / DevOps tools (Essential).
- Network concepts such as Firewalls, Routers, Switches / Security technologies, DNS, Windows Internet
- Name Service (Wins), DHCP, Routing, Subnets, VPNs, Sockets, the OSI model, TCP and UDP (Essential).
- Solid understanding of SQL Server Administration, Database Design, TSQL, Stored Procedures/Triggers, SQL Server
- Integration Services (SSIS).
- In-depth knowledge of operational and application security (Essential).
- Active Directory administration, Group Policy and design (Essential).
- ITIL (Essential)