Looking to join one of the most recognisable brands in the world in a newly created position?
You’ll be part of an entirely new IT governance function and be the conduit between the business and IT Service Provider. You’ll ensure they’re working in a secure manor and lead on reporting activity. You’ll need to have a breadth of technology expertise and strong background in implimenting governance with outsourced providers. This is a modern ServiceNow environment.
Location: Soho (c. 2-3 days per week)
Rate: up to £650 per day (inside IR35)
Your role as IT Governance and Assurance Manager
- Act as the technical conduit to the IT service provider;
- Work with the IT service provider to ensure the business is operating securely, providing regular reporting on the business’s security status;
- Ensure data usage & storage is efficient and follows best practice;
- Develop data tables through use of SQL and present reporting dashboards via Power BI;
- Work with Head of Enterprise IT (EIT) to ensure the business are making best use of the tools available;
- Work with the Head of EIT to ensure business outcomes and strategy are achieved by leveraging technology at both the enterprise and business stream level;
- Act as the technology and service broker between IT and suppliers;
- Work with the Head of EIT to ensure delivery to agreed standards of the outsourced managed service, review regularly and provide performance reports and recommendations;
- Provide business partnering with key business functions to identify areas of improvement;
- Pro-actively manage incidents and escalations. Provide monthly reports and identify opportunities to reduce;
- Develop and manage IT changes, including new sites, demobilizations and configuration changes;
You’ll need to have:
- Intermediate to advance level of experience managing complex IT services;
- Performaned an identical role focusing solely on IT Governance and Assurance.
- Broad and deep technology expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills to convince, reassure, persuade and negotiate;
- Finding pragmatic solutions to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Depth of knowledge on how to be successful working with an outsourced provider;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to identify business need for that function and reassure, persuade and negotiate change accordingly.
Sound interesting? Please do apply to discuss.