IT Security & Compliance Consultant (Outside of IR35)
Highly regulated firm require an IT Security & Compliance consultant to manage compliance within the IT & Information Security function relating to Internal and External Audit and other compliance related functions. This role will be responsible for creating, implementing and testing the controls framework, and working with teams in IT to meet compliance.
The IT Security & Compliance consultant will have the following experience:
- Create and maintain the framework for compliance within IT, working with the Head of Business Assurance to ensure consistency with the rest of the company.
- Conduct regular compliance audits, highlighting deficiencies when found and working with teams to address issues and gaps to drive positive change.
- Ensure understanding of licence and other compliance responsibilities is maintained within IT.
- Conduct regular pre-audit checks to identify weak areas and drive positive change.
- Coordinate internal & external audit activity, including evidence gathering for reviews by other parties
- Coordinate security access audits in conjunction with the Service Desk and other teams.
- Manage the collation and review of procedural documents for IT & Security.
- Act as a central contact for addressing regulatory queries about IT & Security.
- Provide other assistance to the IT Service Operations team as required.
- Work closely with the Business Assurance function to ensure improvements are tracked and implemented.
- Practical IT Compliance experience gained working for a regulated organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels in IT and with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of the different functions within an IT department, and broad technical knowledge to be able to talk with technical teams about technical concepts.
- Awareness of the key regulatory requirements which are relevant to IT.
- Experience of designing, implementing and coordinating audit activity.
- Awareness of project management methodologies, including PRINCE2.
If interested, please do not hesitate to contact Molly at Molly.Lamb@lafosse.com