La Fosse Associates are currently partnered with a leading client who are looking to hire an Interim Head of Infrastructure and Operations into their team. This is a remote role, paying £800 per day, outside IR35 and initially for 6 months, which should be extended.
This role requires a combination of technical and leadership skills, the key responsibilities are as follows
- Technical Team Leadership: Implement and maintain resource planning to ensure that all tasks and projects are delivered on time. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship within the Platform Delivery team, the Product & Technical departments, and across the organisation to improve and sustain platform stability and availability.
- Service Operations & Improvement: Identify opportunities for continuous service improvement and implement any relevant configuration changes. Solve technical problems in collaboration with colleagues from the technology teams as well as functional stakeholders.
- Project Delivery: Support delivery of all projects where Infrastructure services are required and ensure that all new projects have a clear service and operations design.
- Vendor & Financial Management: Build and maintain relationships with key vendors to ensure a high standard of service and accurate management of annual budget.
- Risk Management: Ensure compliance with company policy on risk management including, but not limited to, PCI and GDPR and support of ongoing BCP related tasks and initiatives
This role requires a solid technical background and the ability to engage and work with multiple Product, Technical and business stakeholders, key skills and experience required for this role are
- 10+ Years' experience in a technical role with a minimum of 3+ years designing and supporting cloud platforms, with a minimum of 5 years working in a technical lead / team management role.
- Strong team management skills and experience building and maintaining on-prem and cloud-based Infrastructure is essential
- Strong technical skills and experience in cloud & virtualization platforms - VMware, AWS/Azure & Containers (AKS)
- Strong technical experience with traditional and cloud native network technologies - LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Load-Balancing Technologies, and Software-Defined Networking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and the ability to drive and maintain a high standard of delivery and documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an analytical approach to tasks and challenges
- Experience managing stakeholder relations across IT, Software Development and Product teams
- Excellent time and workload management skills and with the ability to implement and maintain resource management