La Fosse Associates are currently partnered with a Large Finanical customer who are actively looking for a DevOps Engineer. This opportunity will be on a permanent basis, offering up to £70,000 Per Annum + some great benefits and are allowing a lot of remote flexibility.
About the role:
To improve quality and consistency of the environments by maintaining and creating development branches for effective delivery of software, and to ensure software releases have been successfully versioned, built and deployed to our environments with associated documentation and issue tracking.
You will use the deployment of software throughout the software development lifecycle, including UAT, Pre-Production, Live and other ancillary environments. Ensuring that the different environments are available and have the correct software assets available.
- Ensuring release schedules are successfully met.
- Overseeing deployments.
- Ensuring environments are available and that the correct software assets are deployed.
- Working with DevOps team to define and implement best practices for release and deployment of applications and resources.
- Defining and updating documentations including processes, deployment plans, release notes, disaster recovery, and asset register.
- Create and manage software branches and ensuring that Continuous Integration processes are available.
- Versioning of software deliveries
- Issuing tracking and resolution
- Assisting the Project Leads during project planning process.
- Continually review Development and Delivery activities to identify improvements to architecture, processes, services, performance metrics and infrastructure to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Continually train to ensure industry recognised qualifications are current.
- Actively promote and distribute knowledge amongst the rest of the team.
- Identify innovative opportunities which will improve the ability to succeed.
- Embracing and supporting improvements and innovation in technologies/practices within your team that would benefit the business.
- Reporting into IT Technology Manager.
- Understand continuous integration build processes
- Willingness to investigate, trial and propose new concepts, technologies, and approaches.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and skills through mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to accurately estimate personal time and effort and deliver to them accordingly.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and apply them accordingly.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of Windows deployment techniques for Web Applications, Windows services
- Understanding of MSI technology (WiX, Wise or similar)
- Experience of delivering tools that provide automation across functions of code development and QA, configuration management, code branching and merging.
- Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of web application security (SSL, TLS, Firewall)
- Understanding of Network communication protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Understanding of different authentication mechanisms in windows applications.
- Understanding of deployment of SSIS and SSRS artefacts.
- Knowledge or use of API Gateways
- Knowledge and use of deployment frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience of dashboards such as Application Insights, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- BizTalk Deployment Framework
- Knowledge of Docker or similar
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or similar