Role: Infrastructure Service Manager
Salary: Up to £60,000
Location: York with 2 days a week at home
- You will be responsible for providing first class support for our colleagues
- Working with multiple suppliers to define and design delivery of fully integrated services across a complex configuration of core business services as part of the transformation programme.
- You will have overall responsibility for the management of 2-4 highly skilled engineers both technically and also by direct management, you will be conducting regular meetings and one-to-one sessions to effectively manage performance levels, morale and career development.
- Management and monitoring of day-to-day activities that can include and not limited to: holiday bookings, absence management, shifts management, compliance and adherence to legislation and policy.
- Driving team performance and delivering best practice technical and procedural advice to engineers.
- Ensuring 3rd Line backlog is managed within OLAs and SLAs, stepping in where possible to clear technically challenging tickets. Identifying blockers to service, and working with all teams to resolve issues. Conveying timely status on escalated issues.
- Owning the delivery and evolution of the team and highlighting service improvement opportunities
- Guiding and mentoring the team, owning the technical wellbeing of the team, ensuring that the skillsets are aligned to the specific need.
- Maintaining an accurate training log and working with the Head of Infrastructure and Security to ensure adequate training needs are identified and are in line with the technical roadmap
- Working closely with internal teams and business stakeholders to ensure that service levels are met and engineering requirements are effectively delivered
- Close day to day working with internal IT delivery, projects and security teams, to ensure that engineering resource co-ordination is maintained and distributed as necessary
- Managing relationships with partner vendors to ensure that joined up services are running seamlessly to avoid downtime
- Management and development of toolsets and mechanism designs to reduce cost-per-solve and enhance the customer experience
Key skills and Experience
- From a highly technical background, with experience of ensuring the lights are on 24x7 with only limited and controlled downtime.
- 3+ years of Technical Support experience in enterprise applications that feature data, analytics, & insights
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong Public cloud - Microsoft Azure and associated bastions, Kubernetes, Application Gateways, Express Routes, and Traffic Managers
- Strong o365, Teams, Exchange online, PowerShell
- Hands-on experience with writing SQL queries
- Advanced data analysis skills utilising MS Excel
- Strong VMware and Hyper-V knowledge from basic build to advanced high-availability clustering
- Detailed and proven understanding of physical server hardware components and configuration with strong fault diagnostic capabilities, these need to include RAID config and planning workload placement on storage arrays.
- Good understanding of WAN, SDWAN, MPLS, FTTp/c, FortiGate Firewall/Manager/Analyzer, Draytek router, Ubiquiti stack, Wireless Networks (planning/support)
- Detailed understanding of TCP-IP, IP routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
- Detailed and working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and components, including INTUNE, group policy and WSUS
- Strong demonstrable experience of managing/leading IT service teams providing a 24x7 service.
- In-depth incident management knowledge, understanding of ITSM toolsets (Freshservice being desirable)
- A qualification in project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2 and Agile IT best practice frameworks.
- Qualified to ITIL, v3 foundation level as a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication and proven leadership abilities.
- Able to capture and analyze data and produce meaningful reports.
- Confident in communicating with management and colleagues alike, whilst being diplomatic and professionally focused.
- Able to work well under pressure with an ability to multi-task, by using good time management techniques.
- Maintaining an accurate diary, utilising communication equipment, and remaining as accessible as possible throughout the working day.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
- You must have experience with a geographically diverse enterprise pressurized environment.
- Openness to occasional travelling to remote locations
Apply for more information!