Job: Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Salary: Up to £45,000 + oncall + benefits
Location: Chertsey / London / Basingstoke (choice of base + hybrid working offered)
* Contribute to the IT Service Management Improvement Plan, in particular Infrastructure Risk Remediation Analysis.
* Contribute operational insight to the Infrastructure Strategy team, acting as a bridge between existing infrastructure and planned strategic initiatives.
* Implement regional infrastructure and project resourcing, producing full documentation to outline procedures followed.
* Take part in an on-call rota to support the business's operational needs, including some evening work to avoid disrupting peak trading periods.
* Provide technical support in both a proactive and reactive manner, ensuring systems are stable and performing within the terms of their respective Service Level Agreements.
* Ensure all elements of Infrastructure are implemented and maintained in accordance with defined standards, as approved by the Architecture team.
* Provide day-to-day monitoring, capacity planning and management of the existing estate.
* Evaluate and apply any necessary operating system patches and updates.
* Keep abreast of developing technologies, making recommendations when appropriate.
Love your work. Work your magic.
* Ensure the respective teams and stakeholders are kept informed on the progress of any major outages.
* Work with Project Managers and other IT team members in the delivery of project solutions.
* Assist other IT team members by providing clear guidance on designs where required.
* Work with the wider technology team to develop and improve the IT service delivered to the business.
* Continually champion and promote service improvement.
* Gain a strong understanding of the infrastructure systems in use, and recommend enhancements that will provide benefit to the business.
* Ensure Technology policies and procedures are followed.
* Complete the daily Infrastructure checks, including backups and alert reporting.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS (Essential)
* Advanced knowledge of, and ability to support, Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019) and Active Directory
* Relevant industry certification(s) in Azure, Windows Server, Nutanix or VMware
* Experience administering Exchange 2016 and Office 365
* Experience administering Microsoft Azure
* Experience with VMware 6.5+ at an administration and/or installation level
* Experience administering Citrix XenApp 6.5 and/or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7+
* Experience with Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (e.g. SimpliVity, Nutanix)
* Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and basic networking (VLANs, ACLs, OSI Model)
* Experience with Solarwinds Orion or similar monitoring solutions
* Basic understanding of SSL certificates and how they are installed to various solutions (e.g. IIS, Apache, Azure)