Position - Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
Location - London
Salary - £55,000 to £65,000
I am looking for a skilled Red Hat/Centos Linux engineer who is experienced in working in an enterprise environment, and has strong technical, organisational and communication skills.
- Monitor performance, troubleshoot problems and outages, schedule upgrades and provide continual improvement to your area of responsibility.
- Designing and implementing new solutions and improvements to the resilience of the current environment
- Ensure all platforms are maintained to a supportable stable version
- Ensure all platforms are secure, working within our security team to ensure that systems are updated as and when necessary, and implementing any urgent fixes/mitigations responding to threats as they arise.
- Designing and creating Linux infrastructure as code and in the cloud (AWS and Azure)
- Create and maintain scripts to automate administrative procedures
- Provide Out of hours cover as part of a rota
- Have an understanding of the challenges of supporting a large 24/7 operation
- Be an expert in Linux administration, ideally within an enterprise environment handling 200+ servers
- Red Hat Linux certification preferred
- Good practical experience of configuration managers (Ansible)
- Strong scripting, system security and automation skills (Desirable)