Infrastructure Engineer role - 6 month FTC £70,000 salary (Data Centre Migration Programme)
This is a great opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer who has worked on a (Data Centre Migration project previously. This is fully remote role and the client are based in London. 6 month FTC on a pro rata salary of £70,000.
The Data Centre Migration Engineer is part of a corporate IT infrastructure team responsible for the provisioning and management of IT services to over 2,500 staff around the world.
The Data Centre Migration Engineer as part of the infrastructure team is responsible for ensuring services are highly available and configured according to industry best practices. The role also extends to provisioning and building new infrastructure as part of both new technology initiatives and refreshes.
Technical Skills (Essential):
- Data Centre Migration experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure (for IaaS/SQL PaaS)
- Proven skills with PowerShell
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016
- Office365 administration (Exchange Online, Teams)
- Working knowledge of monitoring platforms such as SolarWinds
Technical Skills (Desirable):
- Understanding of ARM templates, Terraform and JSON
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere and Site Recovery Manager
- Knowledge of Azure Log Analytics and Azure Automation
- Knowledge of IT security best practices, MFA, SSL, PAM
- Able to articulate network requirements for services - TCP/IP, firewall rules, routing, load balancers
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery principles and procedures
- Able to produce technical documentation for use by IT staff and customers
- Systematic approach to troubleshooting including root-cause analysis
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes