Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
This role has responsibilities for the operational support and ongoing development of the networking and security infrastructure with the assistance of the broader global team. Additionally the role plays a senior part within the team offering guidance, knowledge transfer and mentoring to more junior members.
The role is customer focused and service orientated where the incumbent is required to work closely with other service functions within the IT organisation and within own peer Support team to resolve complex issues and deliver project objectives in line with the global IT strategy.
* Provide second and third level support to customers whilst supporting the first / second line team to resolve issues acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
* Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets and to participate as a project resource as and when required
* Promote industry leading best practice and provide input to service improvement initiatives.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team
* Ability to take the initiative, being accountable on delivering positive outcomes
* Create and design tasks that best suits the needs of the organization
* Need to adopt a continuous change mindset, willing to learn or adapt to additional support requirements.
* Creation of technical KB articles as well as input into SOP's
* Ability to mentor and train junior staff
* Working within an agile approach with experience in SCRUM and Kanban boards.
* Advanced Windows Server Knowledge and experience
* Advanced Active Directory in multi forest/multi domain environments
* Azure Subscription Management, Identity and Access Management, MFA, AAD Connect, Azure AD
* Experience with Migration from On Premises to Azure IaaS/PaaS services
* Vulnerability Management experience, ongoing regular updating, reporting and remediation.
* Experience with Cloud based DR implementation and execution
* Strong scripting knowledge required in the following but not limited to PoSH, Python, Batch, VB
* Understanding of API's and Web Services
* Advance Azure IaaS/PaaS experience (SQL), ASR, Azure Backup, Log Analytics, Azure Key Management, Monitoring and Automation.
* Advanced IaC Provisioning with tools such as JSON, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, automation runbooks