Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Aberdeen or Sutton (3 days a week onsite)
Salary: £46,000 + Benefits
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for managing day to day technical issues that arise ensuring the continuity of services. They will also be engaged with multiple projects and be expected to own project implementation tasks. The role is also responsible for engaging alongside the Solution Architects to proactively identify improvements and optimisation opportunities.
What will you be doing?
* Understand and implement project requirements, working together with our service partners and business areas
* Identify opportunities for us to gain efficiencies from cloud technologies
* Migrate workloads based on business priorities and timescales
* User support and guidance throughout technical projects
* Document services and knowledge transfer to managed partners in line with ITIL processes
* Promote global standardised processes within the business.
* Strong knowledge of Infrastructure technologies with a focus on the Microsoft Technology stack and Windows Server platforms
* Demonstrable understanding of Cloud Hybrid environments
* Management of enterprise platforms specifically Active Directory with skills in DevOps and IAC being desirable
* Hypervisor management experience
* Knowledge of Azure and migration processes
* Understanding of application ecosystems
* Comprehension of architectural framework
* Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new technologies and concepts
* Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems in a logical and effective way, including root cause analysis and actions to solve the problem
* Enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, and self-motivated
* Good communication skills, written and verbal
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Please apply for more info!