Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
* Maintain the overall IT Infrastructure across all sites covering on-premise and co-location VMWARE and Windows server estates.
* Proactively monitor the infrastructure environment resolving issues before they become business impacting.
* Resolve 3rd line technical incidents raised by end users of all IT Systems.
* Manage Active directory services and group policy and automate common system tasks using PowerShell
* Administer backup solution and manage Disaster Recovery plans alongside the Infrastructure Services team.
* Recommend, design and implement improvements with reference to secure network methods and risk management to address vulnerabilities across the LAN and WAN infrastructure.
* The scope of this role covers the LAN, WLAN and WAN. Site interconnectivity and data centre architecture consolidation will be a key focus.
* Contribute to the planning, design and delivery of IT projects, by providing a broad technical knowledge that covers application, data and technology and security domains.
* Ensure system security is enhanced and maintained through vulnerability management.
* Update and maintain network documentation and procedures, along with other technical documentation within the infrastructure realm.
Skills and Experience
* Experience in an infrastructure and/or network role within a ITIL focussed environment.
* Microsoft Technologies (O365, Active Directory, Windows Server, Azure, Windows 10).
* Ability to manage and maintain VMware and a strong understanding of Storage technologies.
* Experience managing firewall rulesets
* Proven experience delivering complex infrastructure projects.
* Advanced knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, LANs, VLANs, routing/switching, WANs, firewalls).
* Understanding of vulnerability management within IT hardware and software operating system layers to include hardening, patching, anti-virus, DDOS, DLP, IDS.
* Knowledge and experience of PCI DSS standards.
* Ability to generate high quality solution documentation.
* Awareness and use of Project Management principles.
* Must have excellent analytical skills and the ability to work to deadlines
* Experience working within Retail, Hospitality, Leisure or multi-site organisations.
* Must be able to work on own initiative and work well within a small team.