Job Role:IT Infrastructure Architect
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Salary: Up to £65,000 + benefits
- Develop and support the company's architecture principles, guidelines, standards and technology compliance in relevant areas.
- Proactively ensure the availability and performance of the company's infrastructure (such as storage, network and compute)
- Help to deliver key IT projects and changes on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Although projects assigned to this role may be varied, the emphasis will be on core high impact deliverables such as IT Security and IT infrastructure performance.
- Assist project resources and managers to assure technology is suitably deployed and used to deliver applications along with technology solutions.
- Creation and maintenance of clear and concise documentation (including handover to the IT Operations team)
- Evaluate logs and statistics and recommend performance tuning across the various infrastructure components and systems (trending)
- Contributing towards IT Infrastructure strategic plans
- Dependent on criticality of the problem, investigation and remediation of problem tickets escalated from the IT Service Desk may be required on occasion.
Skills and knowledge
- 5 + years of IT Infrastructure / Network experience including (but not restricted to)
- Windows Server / VMware / SAN
- Microsoft 365 and related technologies
- LAN / WAN / Networking / Routing / Switching / Firewall
- Security / Governance
- Cloud methodologies (e.g.Azure, AWS and GCP)
- Application lifecycle
- Excellent technical knowledge of hardware and software used in a modern business environment
- Broad knowledge of business process including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers with varying levels of technical expertise
- Excellent organisation, project management and time management skills
- Excellent, effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to understand and resolve complex technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology
- Experience of liaising and working with 3rd parties
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multi-task.