Incident and Problem Manager - £450 to £550 per day (Inside IR35) - Fully Remote - 3 Month Initial Contract
An opportunity for a passionate and forward-thinking Incident and Problem Manager to join a growing FinTech. The Incident and Problem Manager will help to build the foundations of the Service Management practices. The Incident and Problem Manager will own and manage one or multiple processes, particularly Incident, Problem and Change Management. The Incident and Problem Manager will be working with our Tech teams to develop fit for purpose processes for a regulated but agile environment, implementing these processes in Jira Service Desk. The Incident and Problem Manager will have an outstanding impact on the Tech services and customer experience.
- Own one or multiple operational processes (Incident, Problem and/or Change Management)
- Document, and continuously develop these processes based on feedback and data.
- Communicate them and educate all teams involved to drive engagement (Tech and Business)
- Manage & Run operationally one or multiple processes (as Problem Manager and/or Change Manager)
- Problem Manager - Spearhead Problem investigations workshops, root cause analysis. Report and present RCA to senior stakeholders. Record & track corrective actions.
- Change Manager - Act as a key approver for high risk changes, manage devolved CAB, assess Impact & Risk, advise on readiness, communicate to stakeholders and get relevant approvals. Ensure process is followed.
- Drive implementation of processes into Jira Service Desk with the collaboration of other Tech teams.
- Assist with the development of CSFs and KPIs to measure performance of processes
- Report on those KPIs on a weekly/monthly basis
- Conduct Incident, Problem & Change trend analysis to identify potential problems and propose solutions working across teams
- Participate in the development of an effective reactive, proactive and preventive operational model to reduce downtime of services to customers.
- You are pragmatic and challenge the status quo; Agile Service Management leads the way, rather than traditional frameworks
- You inspire those around you to want to do better for our customers and in doing so provide a platform for people to be their best
- You develop those around you by offering support and guidance
- You're courageous and will always strive to make the right decisions for the business and your team
- You have a strong sense of ownership and want to achieve the best possible quality and stability of service
- ITIL qualified (v4 preferred)
- Working understanding of ITIL principles and concepts
- Experience working in a similar role in an agile business providing external customers services.
- IT literate with a working understanding of web application & Infrastructure technologies, principles and concepts.
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills, capable of asking the 'right' questions
- Previous experience in building from the ground up and implementing incident, problem and/or change management processes and obtaining cultural buy-in
- Experience in using Jira Service Desk (preferred)
- Experience of working with international teams (desirable)
- Experience in implementing and utilising the Kepner Tregoe methodology (desirable)