Head of Software
(Delivery Focused, Microsoft Tech Stack, Transformation, Cloud, Vendor Management )
We are partnered with an innovative and exciting UK-based technology business centred around the safety of lone and at-risk workers across both public and private sectors.
Their state-of-the-art technology, pioneering systems and innovative products have helped to shape the way security works. This includes but is not limited to the use of personal fob alarms, app alarms, and the highest level of security alerts (bypassing 999 to command centre).
As a business they are going through a technology transformation which will include:
- Having a technology refresh from monolithic to microservices, they are currently using Microsoft technologies
- Moving to the cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Working with a 3rd party vendor offshore to complete this transformation
The Head of Software will provide overall management to the legacy software team focused on ensuring stability and uptime of their legacy, on-premise, platform. The main focus will be to spearhead the effort in a new Cloud based platform which will underpin the business for many years to come. This will be built in conjunction with an offshore partner and so management of external third parties is critical.
They are seeking a Head of Software Engineering who will focus on the delivery of these projects as they go through this exciting technology shift.
We are looking for someone who has experience:
- Managing a technology transformation and migration to cloud
- Strong engineering background, ideally across the Microsoft tech stack
- Managing 3rd party vendors and offshore teams
- Has a strong delivery capability and able to implement best practices, DevOps, QA,
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in software platforms and related activities including requirement scoping, software architecture and design
The company are looking to pay £80,000 - £110,000 per annum, for the right candidate + bonus + benefits. The business are Surrey based, working fully remote at the moment. This is predominantly a home working role, with occasional travel to office when required. So you must still be able to reach Surrey every now and again.
For more information on this role, or other similar Senior/ Managerial roles we are working on please send your CV to email@example.com