Head of Marketing (UK) - London (hybrid remote working)
My client, a leading brand in the tech investment space, are expanding their operations from Northern America and Canada into the UK and Europe. As part of this growth strategy, they are now looking for a Head of Marketing join and spearhead the UK marketing function reporting directly into the EMEA Marketing Director and working closely with the Head of UK.
They have incredible backing in the market, which coupled with their growth trajectory creates for an exciting time to be joining the organisation to support their UK and European plans.
You would have full autonomy over shaping and executing the marketing strategy, with a focus on brand to further build on their market awareness in the UK market. You will be responsible for maturing their marketing capabilities, so we are looking for someone who is ready to build, develop and execute marketing strategy from the ground up. They currently have a well-established marketing team in North America, and you would work closely with this team to ensure resonance of branding however, you would be responsible for localisation and driving many of the plans and agendas for the UK market and its success.
At a high level you would be responsible for driving brand, development, content creation, understand customer needs and trends, influence product development, and coordinate with the go-to-market team to drive revenues PR & Communications, social media and the over-arching marketing strategy.
- Establish and define UK market positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Analyse customer insights, trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Conceptualise and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A proactive and commercially driven individual who thrives in fast-paced / build and grow environments. Experience of growing a business or a function from inception to fruition, developing market share, brand and profitable growth is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a start-up environment, ideally within the UK market
- Ability to lead marketing initiatives, develop plans and execute across multiple channels, including online/offline both to time and budget
- Experience of working at a tactical and strategic level
- Comfortable working within a "start-up" culture, requiring a hands-on approach with evolving requirements and a fluid working environment
- Commercially focused and pragmatic, able to identify opportunities and define solutions.
- Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to new demands, assimilate information and shape priorities.
- Planning, organisational and reporting skills: Forward planning of initiatives to achieve consumer acquisition targets, preparing progress reports, communicating progress to the team
- Experience working with international teams would be advantageous
- Previous experience gained working in a brand-marketing role at a similar level