Head of Engineering | Hybrid - 2/3 days in the office | £140,000 | London
Over the last 15 years, my client has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world and they have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
What you will be doing:
- Sets goals and objectives for engineering team members and conducts performance appraisals of direct reports team members
- Prepares a rotating roster for engineering support throughout the year
- Creates an environment whereby your teams have the space to be creative, to challenge and to push boundaries
- Engages in conflict resolution with people, process and technology
- Engages in hiring, retention, training and development, and people engagement events
- Ensures all relevant engineering artifacts are maintained, cross-training and knowledge sharing is planned and executed
- Accountable for representing the tech pillar and for all technologies delivered within your domain
- Aligns and delivers the business and technology strategies for a domain, whilst contributing to the wider technology strategy
- Reviews overall release plans, overall release level engineering effort estimates, and provide input to programme release plans
- Accountable for resource needs, capability utilisation, metrics and engineering deliverables, as defined in goals and objectives
What will set you apart?
- Your ability to balance a high level of innovative change with the operational need to deliver excellent uptime and performance.
- Your experience in a leadership role, not just in Software Delivery, but of a wider IT function, ideally focussed on supporting business critical online services such as orders, payments and transactions for an Ecommerce, online gaming or similar B2C company
- Your demonstrable use of both your technical knowledge and commercial acumen to influence business strategy at an Executive level.
- Your long-term vision to maintain and improve the flexibility and nimbleness of your teams, and to explain and balance the short term needs of the business with your long term vision
- Your focus on being the best you can be, and showing tenacity in the face of obstacles, whether that involves moving mountains to enable your team to become more effective or challenging the status quo
A couple other reasons to apply:
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Hybrid working
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to our personalised benefits platform
- Healthcare Cash Plan
Hit apply and I (Will Rollings) will give you a call to discuss in more detail, from there we will get your CV across to the client, in which we will get feedback in 24 hours and look to set you up the 1st stage interview within the week.