Head of Engineering, Luxury Fashion company, London £120k
Growing luxury fashion house are hiring a Head of Engineering to join them on a permanent basis.
They have evolved over the past decade into a technology led retailor, providing luxury clothing and trainer drops to their global audience, taking pride in their customer experience, with fresh products hitting the site every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Engineering to join. The role will be leading their rapidly growing team of software engineers with overall responsibility of their iOS, Android, Web, Backend and Platform teams. The technical Lead for each team will report directly into the Head of Engineering.
As part of the leadership team, you will play a key role in making strategic decisions to ensure that the apps and platform continue to meet business requirements.
What you'll be doing:
● Management of the existing team of software engineers, working across various technologies and platforms
● Strategically grow the team to meet business objectives
● Help foster an amazing engineering culture with an emphasis on innovation, quality and delivery
● Put in place training and development opportunities to ensure your team are engaged, always learning and ahead of the curve
● Assume overall responsibility for key initiatives such as migration to microservices architecture
● Cultivate relationships with technology partners
● Collaborate with senior stakeholders across the business
What you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as a Head of Engineering for a team of 30+
- Experienced in Agile delivery methodologies and familiar with the Spotify Engineering Model
- Experience with at least two of the following: PHP/Laravel, React, Swift, Kotlin, Kubernetes
- Experience running mission critical applications at scale, preferably using GCP
- An understanding of data warehousing and data pipelines
- An aptitude for creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to
non-technical users in an easy-to-understand way
- A track record in upskilling software engineers
- Experience in ecommerce would be a plus, but is not a deal breaker
The salary on offer is ~ £120-£130k mark (potentially flexible) with benefits including: staff discount, Rewards Fund, R&D opportunities and career opportunities, cycle to work scheme.
3 stage interview process.
Jess Quinn, La Fosse Associates.