Head of Engineering, central London, £130k+ bonus
Fast growing, PE owned customer lending organisation hiring a Head of Engineering to join them on a permanent basis.
They have been investing and building on engineering as a capability since 2017 and have grown from 10 to over 100 people. Due to this fast growth, they now require a talented Head of Engineering to head up several squads of engineers.
Their mission is to build a world class engineering team and the Head of Engineering will be responsible for leading the technology and people. As Head of Engineering, the role will involve hiring and developing teams, while remaining focused on delivery.
- We are looking for someone who a background in software development, biased towards web development as this will be the specialist area. It would also be a bonus to have experience with mobile or backend development
- Experience in modern web development frameworks - with a preference for React
- Track record of managing managers
- Delivery focused
- Background of building software with transactional volume
- Provide the leadership to build and scale teams and grow the next level of leaders in the organisation
- Recognise that of primary importance is that engineers are enabled to build great technology!
- Understanding what is needed and providing the leadership to make sure it is in place
- Manage the performance of the team, developing high performance
- Build the team, understand what skills are needed and develop and hire people to achieve this through focusing on attracting and retaining the talent needed
- Provide leadership that promotes expertise in technology through internal Guilds, external Meet Ups, speaking at Conferences
Salary - £130K + 20% Bonus. 50/50 work from home, central London office.
Jess Quinn, La Fosse